Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: CD or DVD publication featuring Super 8mm

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Roy Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    One last idea to throw out to everyone; I recently purchased several old KODAK MOVIE NEWS booklets and thought nice idea. Todays version could be a CD or (when media is a little more affordable DVD) quarterly publication which could have all the latest and greatest Super 8mm or small guage film Website Links. Reviews on cameras, equipment and accesories. Feature stories on current projects shot on 8mm, Super8mm or 16mm, with footage and photo's. Another feature, since so many people are interested in what transfers look like are short clips comparing results from different companys and different filmstocks. For example compare Kodachrome 40 with Super8Sounds (PRO8mm) 50 ASA neg stock. Both transfered with the rank with similar scenes. I know, I know this would be an expensive and time comsuming project. It would need thousands of subscibers to justify the cost of production. Just thought I would share and idea and dream a little.

    Roy


  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Roy

    Sounds like a great idea, and a few months back, something like this was being talked about, but never happened.
    The originator never spoke about it again, and has vanished.
    Im sure Alex has a few words to say about this.
    Alex?
    Scott

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AppleCore24's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the idea. I'd be willing to help out. It could really help our "cause" - having no publication really helps the assumtion that super8 is a dead format.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My editor got one of the new Apple G4 computers with a DVD burner built in. They are not that expensive to make now. Plus they play in "most" DVD players--we did have problems playing a DVD we made in I think A Sony(Wouldn't you know!!!)DVD player.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cetrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    on the last post,
    that?s the way our school did, but we had problems using other rewritable dvd?s than those from apple,and we also had problems with programming it, you know mpeg and studio pro!

    [This message has been edited by cetrone (edited May 19, 2001).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jason and Lauren's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Count me in!

    I've just gotten back into Super 8 in the last 2 months and I'm very encouraged by what I've seen. The people on this forum seem to be very talented!

    Perhaps some articles, whatever, from a newbie would help others.

    Are we thinking magazine format?

    What are your thoughts on freaquency of publication, format, length, etc?


  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jason and Lauren's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Count me in!

    I've just gotten back into Super 8 in the last 2 months and I'm very encouraged by what I've seen. The people on this forum seem to be very talented!

    Perhaps some articles, whatever, from a newbie would help others.

    Are we thinking magazine format?

    What are your thoughts on freaquency of publication, format, length, etc?


  8. #8
    Inactive Member World Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gentlemen,

    I currently can burn projects from my transferred material to DVD now. I have full capability to design sound for projects as well, I've already put a post on the board regarding this. If you're willing to invest the time and money into such an endeavor I welcome you to do so. I'd like to see this support group evolve. Evolving means helping each other out. That means to me, providing a service to one another at a fair and reasonable cost in order for everybody to survive. I design sound for projects and am currently involved with a 16mm short which I will be able to show to you when it's complete. I've spent an extensive amount of time on this subject and am prepared to work on it even more. Please refer to my other post for more DVD information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •